WELCOME TO THE AUTISM PEER
What comes to mind when we think of the word “peer”?
- Someone we can connect with that shares similar lived experiences
- Someone to help and guide us to achieve our community and personal lifelong goals by means of advocacy, education, mentoring, and motivation.
- Someone that can connect us to information, people, resources, and services and supports when we need them
The need for peers in the Autism communities- Why is this important?
- More individuals are being diagnosed on the autism spectrum
- Lived experience is the guiding mechanism for relating to other individuals with autism
- Peers with autism have opportunities to utilize their strengths and talents to help their respective communities and promote hope and strength to other individuals with autism
- Peers can tap into their background experiences and knowledge to help other individuals with autism make their own life choices via advocacy, education, mentorship, and motivation.
The Autism Peer hopes to guide and support individuals on the autism spectrum with their life challenges and personal goals utilizing a person-centered and holistic approach in combination with providing communities, families, individuals, organizations, and professionals some blogs and presentations related to autism, disability, and health topics.
NOTE: Stay tuned for additional updates and news
How to Contact Me: