Ryan Litchfield was diagnosed with autism at the age of two as he was unable to talk, verbalize, or gesture, and many people raised questions about if he would be able to become independent. Ryan underwent hours of intensive ABA therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy. Ryan went through hardships and obstacles during his youth as an individual on the autism spectrum. Today, Ryan has overcome many obstacles in his journey and he is now an autism and disability self-advocate who promotes hope and strength to others as someone that is independent and has gone one to accomplish many goals. Ryan Litchfield, who graduated from Assumption University back in 2017 with a Bachelor’s in Human Services and Rehabilitation Studies and a Certificate in Aging Services, brings educational, personal, and professional experience from the field of autism as well as working with older adults and people with disabilities through administration and direct care.
Here is Ryan’s professional and educational credentials below:
- Autism and Youth Services Skills Trainer Presenter, Center for Living & Working, Inc.
- PCM Clinical Administrative Assistant, Center for Living & Working, Inc.
- Online/Virtual Content Blogger and Developer, Autism Grown Up
- Online Podcast Contributor, Global Autism Project
- Autism Advocate and Public Speaker, Asperger/Autism Network
- Trauma Informed Peer Support (TIPS) Facilitator, KIVA Centers
- Autism Peer Specialist, Open Sky Community Services
- Blogger, Organization for Autism Research (OAR)
- Home Care Administrative Coordinator, Family Services of Central Massachusetts (FSCM)
- State Home Care Case Manager, Elder Services of Worcester
- Court Service Center Intern/Volunteer, Worcester Court Service Center, Massachusetts Trial Court
- Public Speaker, HMEA’s Autism Resource Central
- State Home Care Case Aide and Clerical Receptionist, Montachusett Home Care
- Administrative Assistant, Behavioral Concepts Inc.
- Administrative Intern, Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging
- Public Speaker, Central Massachusetts Collaborative
- Undergraduate Intern, HMEA’s Autism Resource Central
- Autism and Special Education Advocate, Wachusett Special Education Parent Advisory Council
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Autism Certificate, International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards, Jacksonville, FL, 2020. Certification #: AC20965515.
- Rehabilitation Counseling, Course- Introduction to Assessment and Appraisal of Individuals with Disabilities, Masters’ in Rehabilitation Counseling, Assumption University, Worcester, MA, 2021.
- Health Advocacy, Course- Delivering Healthcare in America, Masters’ in Health Advocacy, Assumption University, Worcester, MA, 2020.
- Graduate, Certificate in Aging Services, Continuing and Career Education, Assumption College (now Assumption University as of 2020), Worcester, MA, 2017.
- Graduate, Bachelor of Arts- Human Services and Rehabilitation Studies, Assumption College (now Assumption University as of 2020), Worcester, MA, 2017.
- Graduate, H.S. Diploma, Wachusett Regional High School, Holden, MA, 2013.